BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)
PICTURED: Marley at the PDSA after eating the biscuits
Marley the dog nearly became Marley the ghost after gorging on 34 gingerbread Christmas tree decorations.
The seven-year-old Labrador swallowed the ribbons attached to each treat which caused a potentially-fatal blockage in his stomach.
Owner Rachael Bulmer rushed Marley to the vets when he was sick and he had to undergo a lifesaving operation to remove the green ribbons.
His chances of survival looked so poor at one stage his owner prepared to say goodbye to her much-loved pooch.
But following two operations Marley came through his ordeal and is now back at home in time for Christmas.