Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
BNPS_PoochesChocoOrangeError_01.jpg
BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)<br />
Pic: TomWren/BNPS<br />
<br />
Three-year-old Terrier cross Benny gobbled up a whole Terry’s Chocolate Orange.<br />
<br />
A tiny terrier was saved from death by vets after he scoffed an entire chocolate orange which are deadly to dogs.<br />
<br />
Pet pooch Benny wolfed down the Terry's Chocolate Orange while owner Siubhan Goldup and her fiancé Robert Wisbey were out of their home in Bournemouth, Dorset.<br />
<br />
Chocolate contains a chemical that is highly poisonous to dogs - and because the couple didn't know which dog had munched the chocolatey treat they rushed both off to the vet.<br />
<br />
Veterinary nurses from animal charity PDSA forced both dogs to throw up. Benny, who weighs just over one stone, was unharmed but could have suffered damage to his heart, central nervous system and kidneys had he not been found sooner.