Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
BN_BulldogBitesOffMoreThanHeCanChew_01.jpg
BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)<br />
Pic: PDSA/BNPS<br />
<br />
Boscoe and PDSA vet Rachael Rolfe.<br />
<br />
Make no bones about it - this poorly pooch had a lucky escape after getting a large piece of bone stuck in his throat.<br />
<br />
Boscoe, a 14-month-old Old Tyme English Bulldog, could have died when a piece of bone the size of a tomato got lodged in his oesophagus, completely blocking the entrance to his stomach.<br />
<br />
Luckily, vets from animal charity PDSA managed to remove the huge obstruction before it was too late.<br />
<br />
The hapless hound wasn't eating his food and kept being sick so owner Charlotte Pritchard, 30, took him to PDSA's pet hospital in Bournemouth, Dorset.<br />
<br />
An x-ray revealed the size of the problem and vets warned Charlotte to prepare for the worst.